Desktop, Applications, Servers and Security
on the Google Cloud Platform
Delivering Resiliency, Mobility & Compliance
This Platform may also be Available for your IT Staff to Manage*
What is Cloud VDI / Desktop-as-a-Service?
Cloud VDI aka Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS), Workspace-as-a-Service (WaaS) or Virtual Desktop – is a fully managed cloud-based virtual workspace solution that empowers users to securely access their desktop applications from any device, anytime, anywhere in the world. Cloud VDI allows employees to work remotely and have the resources to simplify business practices and ensure security in the workforce. The software/applications that run in your current infrastructure will now run on your private network on the Google Cloud Platform. Your IT staff can spend their time on income generating projects rather than updating servers/software and chasing down security issues in your network.
Join companies such as Disney, SAP, HSBC, Home Depot, Colgate Palmolive and many others that trust their business on Google Cloud. Pay as you go rather than building an infrastructure to meet tomorrows perceived demands. Utilize Google’s Big Data Analytics tools to find insights into your business to drive further innovation and value to your company. Test out new software solutions on a trial basis to determine value for your company without cash outlays for hardware.
How it Works
Cloud VDI is comprised of two components: Multipath Data, or client, Managed IT and Security Services and the Google Cloud Platform. These two components work together to seamlessly integrate your organizations desktop and server environments in the cloud. Here is a quick snapshot of how they work:
- Multipath Data Services: Multipath Data will run a discovery tool of your network, including individual desktops to understand your full IT stack. We will design and implement your private network of servers, networking, storage and applications. We will then migrate each individual desktop to the Google Cloud Platform. 24/7/365 support for your desktop and security environment is provided.
- Google Cloud Platform: provides the underlying cloud infrastructure, servers, networking, storage and security (click here for an in depth description https://cloud.google.com/security/). The platform delivers backup and disaster recovery services. The Platform allows us to truly bill for usage, by the second. Example: we have the ability to run desktops 24×7 or perhaps you have a team of people who only need access Monday-Friday, 8A-5P.
Outsourcing your IT to the Multipath Data DaaS Platform:
- Availability – Access your files and applications anytime
- Mobility – Ability to access all of your applications and data from any device, from anywhere
- Security and Compliance – Data encryption, malware detection, anti-virus, anti-intrusion, next-generation-firewall, Tier III Data Center (redundant power, cooling, fire suppression). Data will no longer reside on your physical device (laptop, desktop, tablet, phone) so lost/stolen devices will never relinquish important files.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery – Up to 28 daily snapshots along with a full backup of your data is available, virtualized servers for instant failover and disaster recovery
- Increased Internet Speed – recently tested, files downloaded at 400 Mbps with 200 Mbps upload
Our solution allows companies to extend the lifespan of existing PC’s, laptops, tablets and/or deploy thin-clients. This is achieved by shifting the storage and compute from the local devices to Google Cloud and allowing users to access their apps and desktops via Remote Desktop Services.
Our solution uses Server Uptime Scheduling, which provides you with the flexibility to run your infrastructure only during your business hours. This means that you can fully take advantage of Google Cloud’s per second billing and will only pay for resources used.
Our solution allows companies to eliminate on-premises hardware by migrating their remote desktop deployments to Google Cloud. In addition, Multipath Data manages all locations through a single management portal and unified Active Directory.
PCaaS for Business is for those customers that are looking to simplify PC lifecycle management for 20 – 300 units. The solution includes fully customizable options for Dell award-winning business laptops, desktops and workstations, software and best-in-class services that span support, asset return and optional deployment with 3 or 4 year terms available.
A service is also available involving 300+ units that can include a Services Delivery Manager.
Our solution allows organizations to scale their infrastructure (up or down) as their workforce scales. As such, seasonal workers come and go, IT administrators can create and remove remote desktops for them that can be accessed through the most economical workstations, such as a Chromebook or thin client.
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
Leverage cloud VDI, IT infrastructure and security to propel your business
Old Laptop Slowing Down? No Worries!
The reason your older device is slowing down can range from too many apps starting up when you log on, system memory or storage is maxed out or software updates are kicking off.
The Desktop-as-a-Service solves those issues immediately. All of your applications are now running on the Google Cloud (GCP); all of your data resides – encrypted- on GCP and system memory/CPU is not being used the same way. You log onto your device the same way you always have and the screen is identical to what you are used to. All data is transmitted encrypted to your screen as pixels which greatly enhances security.
Thin Clients make a great addition to any education, healthcare, government, corporate or financial services business where the utmost security of highly confidential data is crucial. They are also ideal for environments with numerous employees and well defined functions/highly structured tasks, such as call centers.
Thin Clients offers key benefits over a traditional PC:
- High Security
- Ease of Management
- Cost Savings
Meets the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity, more widely known as the Cybersecurity Framework. The framework consists of standards, guidelines, and best practices to manage cybersecurity-related risk. It was developed with a focus on industries vital to national and economic security, including energy, banking, communications, and the defense industrial base. It has since proven flexible enough to be adopted voluntarily by large and small companies and organizations across all industry sectors, as well as by federal, state, and local governments.compliance-reference-card-NIST
desktop and security management – 24 / 7 / 365
Google bills in second-level increments. You pay only for the compute time that you use.
Integrate with local on-premise environment
One of the biggest security risks for business is due to software and firmware vulnerabilities that go unpatched. Multipath Data manages this entire process to ensure that all applications are up-to-date.
This platform allows us to launch Active Directory-based instances of your applications in different Google Cloud regions and zones globally for Disaster Recovery purposes.
data and desktop migration
This platform has a discovery tool, which automates the inventorying of your old environment and replicates your accounts, security groups, shared folders, and other settings when provisioning cloud desktops. For certain tasks that cannot be automated, such as application installations, itopiawe will provide you with a task list.
Google Cloud Platform Audits & Certifications
CYBER SECURITY ON THE MULTIPATH DATA DESKTOP SOLUTION
To stop the widest range of threats, Sophos Intercept X employs a comprehensive defense-in-depth approach to endpoint protection rather than simply relying on one primary security technique. This is the “the power of the plus” – a combination of leading foundational (traditional) and modern (next-gen) techniques. Intercept X integrates the industry’s top-rated malware detection and exploit protection with built-in endpoint detection and response (EDR).
Drive threat prevention to unmatched levels. The artificial intelligence built into Intercept X is a deep learning neural network, an advanced form of machine learning that detects both known and unknown malware without relying on signatures.
Deep learning makes Intercept X smarter, more scalable, and higher-performing than endpoint security solutions that use traditional machine learning or signature-based detection alone.
CryptoGuard in Intercept X is the world’s best ransomware protection. It uses behavioral analysis to stop never-before-seen ransomware and boot-record attacks, making it the most advanced anti-ransomware technology available
Intercept X includes the industry’s most powerful malware cleaner. While most virus cleaners simply remove offending malware files, Sophos Clean provides forensic-level remediation by eradicating malicious code as well as eliminating nasty registry key changes created by malware as well.
Sophos XG Firewall is the only network security solution that is able to fully identify the source of an infection on your network and automatically limit access to other network resources in response. This is made possible with our unique Sophos Security Heartbeat™ that shares telemetry and health status between Sophos endpoints and your firewall.
Expose Hidden Risks
Superior visibility into risky activity, suspicious traffic, and advanced threats helps you regain control of your network.
Stop Unknown Threats
Powerful next-gen protection technologies like deep learning and intrusion prevention keep your organization secure.
Isolate Infected Systems
Automatic threat response instantly identifies and isolates compromised systems on your network and stops threats from spreading.
XG Firewall integrates Deep Learning technology into our Sophos Sandstorm sandboxing. XG Firewall integrates some of the best technology from our leading
- iOS, Android, Windows 10, macOS
- Configuration and policies
- Inventory and asset management
- Detailed reporting
- Install, remove, and view apps
- Enterprise app store
- App control, whitelist/blacklist
- Manage and configure Office 365 apps
- Email and document container
- Publish content
- Container-only Management
- Native OS containerization
- Compliance rules and remediation
- Malware, ransomware, PUAs
- Web protection, web filtering
- Secure device tie-in with DUO two-factor authentication
- Integrates with Sophos Endpoint and/or Sophos Mobile when managed in Sophos Central
- Provides superior visibility to discover threats at the earliest possible moment
- Prevents lateral movement by automatically restricting web access for unhealthy clients
See the Future
The same technology as our award-winning Intercept X, the artificial intelligence built into Sophos Email sandboxing is a deep learning neural network, able to detect both known and unknown malware, as well as unwanted applications before they execute.
Detonating files in series of virtual machines, we simulate real end user environments where behavior can be monitored, delivering you safe attachments.
Block Stealth Attacks
Time-of-click URL protection checks the website reputation of email links before delivery and also when you click – blocking stealthy, delayed attacks.
Block phishing imposters and protect employees from attacks using fraudulent email addresses that impersonate trusted contacts. A combination of SPF, DKIM, and DMARC authentication techniques and email header analysis allows you to identify and permit legitimate emails, while blocking imposters – so you can trust your inbox again.
Secure any email service where you control the domain and DNS records. Seamless integration with Microsoft Office 365, Google G Suite, on-premises Exchange 2003+, and many more email providers.
UNIFIED THREAT MANAGEMENT (UTM)
Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader, PC PRO award winner – SC Magazine Best UTM Solution.
Sophos UTM drives threat prevention to unmatched levels. The artificial intelligence built into Sophos Sandstorm is a deep learning neural network, an advanced form of machine learning, that detects both known and unknown malware without relying on signatures.
Sophos UTM 9.4 is one of the first Sophos products to offer our advanced next-gen cloud sandboxing technology.
Sandstorm provides a whole new level of ransomware and targeted attack protection, visibility, and analysis. It can quickly and accurately identify evasive threats before they enter your network.
SECURE WEB GATEWAY
SophosLabs Threat Intelligence
Great web malware protection starts with our world-class in-house threat researchers that are working around the clock with advanced automation to identify and stay ahead of the latest threats.
Advanced Web Malware Protection
Live Web Protection
SophosLabs provides continual intelligence updates on the latest malware hosting, phishing and distribution sites as well as anonymizing proxies and other risky sites and only Sophos provide updates in real-time via our Live Protection network.
Our Sophos Web Appliance works seamlessly with your Sophos Secured Windows Endpoints to provide complete web protection for offsite users. When they leave the local network, the Sophos Endpoint takes over, providing full enforcement and protection everywhere they go. Policy updates and browsing activity are automatically synchronized. It all just works better together
Encourage BYOD, but stay secure by differentiating between corporate and employee-owned devices that access your applications. The Unified Endpoint Visibility dashboard will show a breakdown of your trusted and untrusted endpoints (desktops, laptops, mobile devices) and allow you to enforce access control policies accordingly.
We make it easy to identify managed and unmanaged devices by integrating with your existing Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) and Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) tools. We couple this with marking the managed device with a Duo identifier in order to establish them as ‘trusted.’
Most organizations allow remote users access to their entire network after they log in remotely via a virtual private network (VPN). This puts your entire network at risk if criminals manage to steal VPN credentials.
Secure on-premises applications and give your users remote access to specific applications without exposing your entire network. Give them secure, easy access to both internal and cloud applications without requiring them to connect to a virtual private network (VPN).
Using Duo’s Unified Endpoint Visibility data on trusted and untrusted devices, you can protect access to your critical applications, such as Sharepoint and JIRA, by setting custom device access policies to block any untrusted endpoints.
Sophos UTM provides a powerful all-in-one solution for network, web, and email security. The Sophos UTM is integrated with Duo to provide strong user authentication before allowing VPN access. Now, you can easily deploy strong authentication for remote access across your network without needing to update your applications and services, reducing risk for data breaches and meeting compliance requirements.
Duo’s integration with Sophos Mobile provides customers the flexibility to set BYOD access policies based on device trust and the sensitivity of the application being accessed. For example, security administrators can enforce that only devices managed by Sophos Mobile can access applications that contain sensitive customer data, like Salesforce.com.
SECURITY AWARENESS TRAINING
KnowBe4 is the world’s most popular integrated platform for awareness training combined with simulated phishing attacks.
Train your employees with the world’s largest library of security awareness training content. Automated training campaigns with scheduled reminder emails.
Phish your users with best-in-class, fully automated simulated phishing attacks.
Enterprise-strength reporting, showing stats and graphs for both training and phishing purposes. Discover where your weak links are and strengthen your team.
Account Takeover - Exposed Credentials
SpyCloud combines human and Dark Web intelligence with search capabilities to identify, analyze and proactively monitor for your organization’s compromised or stolen employee and customer data. SpyCloud automatically blocks credentials that have been compromised and can integrate with Active Directory.
Knowing if and when employee or customer credentials have been compromised signiificantly helps in deterring a breach.
Strengthen your Fraud investigations with SpyClouds dataset multiple Maltego Transforms.
HOW DOES CLOUD VDI DRIVE BUSINESS GROWTH?
Why Financial Services Need Cloud Desktops
How FinServ companies benefit from cloud desktops
Folks who have already worked with traditional virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) can tell you from experience that deploying VDI on-premises is extremely expensive and complex. It requires a massive upfront investment and an army of certified engineers to deploy and manage. That’s why more and more companies are moving to the cloud. The numbers are quite clear on this too. According to a report by Allied Market Research, the cloud-based VDI market is expected to reach $10.15 billion by 2023, growing annually at a CAGR of 16.5%. Let’s dig into some of the other reasons why FinServ companies in particular need to make the switch to the cloud.
Security – FinServ companies constantly deal with highly sensitive customer information. Because of this, the industry is also the most targeted by cyber criminals. According to Accenture, the number of security breaches in FinServ averages 125, costing the industry $18.28 million per year. With cloud VDI, sensitive data is stored centrally in highly secured and redundant cloud data centers, not on vulnerable end points. Google Cloud, for example, provides top-of-the-line security at every point in the stack, data encryption and is run by over 750 security experts that can ensure better security than companies could ever do in-house. Multipath Data layers in managed endpoint security, security awareness training, mobile and email protection while offering firewall, UTM, two-factor authentication and secure wi-fi protection.
Compliance – Being one of the most highly regulated industries, FinServ companies are under a tremendous amount of pressure to ensure that compliance mandates are met. Further, rules and regulations vary from country to country making it even more difficult to comply when doing business globally. Google Cloud’s global network of data centers are highly compliant, relieving FinServ organizations from the very real and potentially devastating effects of failing to comply with increasingly complex regulatory requirements.
Mobility – It’s no secret that today’s workforce is becoming more mobile, and it’s no different in the FinServ industry. Employees have come to expect to be able to access data and applications from anywhere, at any time and from whatever device they choose. And, happy employees are more productive in the long run. Cloud-based virtual desktops, powered by an automation and orchestration solution like the one Multipath Data deploys, enables organizations to provide the mobile or remote experience users expect, while ensuring that data remains secure and compliant in Google Cloud.
Legacy applications – While new cloud and mobile apps are being used in virtually every industry today, the fact is that most FinServ companies still rely on tried and true legacy apps. Many of these are Windows-based. Multipath Data enables organizations to deploy and legacy Windows-based apps in Google Cloud and in hybrid on-premises/cloud environments. CAS’ API integration with Google Cloud Compute Engine, Deployment Manager and Cloud Billing also enables organizations to have full control over their deployment – legacy apps and all – through a single, easy to use interface.
Long story short, cloud desktops are an excellent fit for the FinServ industry. Purpose-built for Google Cloud, the Multipath Data platform enables organizations to easily leverage the economies of scale the cloud offers for the lowest cost possible.
WHY DEPLOYING TECHNOLOGY THROUGH CLOUD DESKTOPS BENEFIT LAW AND CPA FIRMS
Why Law and CPA firms need cloud desktops
The legal and accounting industries face many unique challenges, from information security and compliance to an increasingly mobile workforce – and a bunch in between. Deploying technology through cloud desktops enables organizations to meet these challenges head on in several ways.
- Security and compliance – Just about every piece of information legal and CPA professionals deal with is highly confidential. That makes firms a prime target for hackers. In fact, according to a recent report, 40% of law firms have been hacked without their knowledge. This not only costs a ton of money to recover from, but damages the firm’s reputation. By deploying technology through cloud desktops, all data is centrally stored in a cloud data center, not on vulnerable devices. Google Cloud Platform provides security at every level of the stack and is highly compliant, and Multipath Data layers in managed endpoint security, security awareness training, mobile and email protection while offering firewall, UTM, two-factor authentication and secure wi-fi protection.
- Remote/contract workers – Legal and CPA professionals are constantly on-the-go between multiple offices, the courthouse, clients office and home. Simply put, they need on-demand access to critical information from the multiple devices they use. Not only that, firms frequently hire contract or seasonal workers to assist when caseloads fluctuate. With an end-to-end IT infrastructure management solution like the Multipath Data Desktop solution, firms can provide technology to all workers by easily spinning up new virtual desktops and turning off ones that are no longer needed from Google Cloud. In addition, growing your storage pool to take on new clients when an opportunity arises is just a couple key strokes away.
- Costs – As with any industry, firms are under pressure to reduce IT costs. With cloud desktops, firms can eliminate capital expenditure on hardware required to run virtual desktops. Security is included with this solution which eliminates the added expense in hiring a cyber expert. Features in the Multipath Data Desktop solution like ServerUptime scheduling and Autoscaling enable firms to reduce infrastructure costs significantly. Google Cloud’s per-second pricing and Custom Machine Types, which enable us to attach only the RAM and CPU resources your firm needs, enabling you to cut costs even further.
- Performance – Legal and CPA professionals can deal with extremely large files daily and can’t afford to wait for those to download due to limited bandwidth on a private network. By leveraging Google Cloud’s state of the art global network, those documents can be transferred and downloaded—especially for remote workers—quickly, saving precious time and money. In addition, Multipath Data enables you to create a VPN from your on-premises environment to Google Cloud, and also extend your existing Active Directory domain to multiple Google Cloud datacenters for disaster recovery and business continuity.
Legacy, on-prem VDI solutions are expensive and extremely complex to deploy and manage, and most firms simply don’t have the IT staff to implement and manage these environments. Besides, on-prem VDI requires a serious upfront investment on hardware infrastructure, and traditional VDI platforms constantly need to be updated to newer versions. By deploying technology through cloud desktops—managed by Multipath Data — firms can get all the benefits of VDI at a significantly lower cost and with better security and performance. Perhaps more importantly, legal and CPA professionals can focus on their core business rather than managing IT.
Cloud-Based Virtual Desktops Benefit BPO's
BPO’s can benefit from cloud-hosted virtual desktops
Before we dig in, let’s clarify what we mean by BPOs. The market prediction above is actually pretty conservative since the companies covered in the report are large IT outsourcing and strategic consultancies like Accenture, Wipro and Tata Consultancy. We’re taking a broader view and including call centers as a subset of the wider BPO market. For more perspective on the opportunity, Statista reports that the worldwide call center industry alone reached over $200 billion in 2017. In our view, cloud-based virtual desktops are beneficial to both. Here are four reasons how all of these companies can benefit:
- Security — With VDI, critical data is stored and managed in a secure cloud data center, not on end user devices. If a device is lost or stolen, data remains secure. Administrators can also restrict access to data and applications for certain users based on role or responsibility within the organization, or location on the network. For instance, some users can be restricted from downloading data to a USB drive, copying and pasting sensitive information outside of the virtual environment, and so on. Further, hyperscale cloud providers like Google Cloud have strict security levels in place – at all levels of the stack. Multipath Data layers in managed endpoint security, security awareness training, mobile and email protection while offering firewall, UTM, two-factor authentication and secure wi-fi protection.
- Compliance — BPOs deal with highly sensitive customer, patient and personally identifiable information on a daily basis. Depending on the geographic location and what industry they are in, regulatory mandates vary for the companies BPOs serve. That’s a huge headache for these companies who more often than not operate globally. By migrating virtual desktops to a highly compliant cloud like Google Cloud, services organizations can be assured that compliance controls are in place. Companies can also decide where data is stored across GCP’s global footprint, and where users can authenticate from with Multipath Data’s hybrid and cloud-based Active Directory extension capability on GCP.
- Scalability — Companies often leverage BPOs for services when demand spikes seasonally. Think: retail during the holiday season or accounting during tax season. Not only do these organizations scale infrastructure resources in these times, but they also need to hire temporary call center employees to meet the increased demands. The very nature of hyperscale cloud enables companies to scale up or down at the lowest cost possible through consumption-based pricing. Going further, secure cloud-based virtual desktops are quick and simple to deploy for seasonal and temporary workers with an automation and orchestration solution that Multipath Data delivers.
- Productivity & talent — It’s now the norm for call centers to be on 24×7. It’s next to impossible to provide that service from a fixed location, not to mention find the different sets of talent required for every possible scenario that needs to be processed. By deploying cloud-based virtual desktops, companies can mitigate this by enabling a secure BYOD and remote working environment for agents. By now, it’s well known that a flexible working environment not only makes workers more productive, but that younger generations have come to expect the choice of where they work, and what device they work from. In addition, companies that enable BYOD and remote working save costs on facilities and devices. It’s a win-win all around.
We’re only scratching the surface on how cloud-based virtual desktops benefit the BPO and call center industry. Of course, the elephant in the room is the capital and operational expenditure costs companies can eliminate by leveraging fully automated cloud-based virtual desktops in the cloud. In short, Multipath Data’s end-to-end virtual desktop automation and orchestration on Google Cloud Platform can enable BPOs to achieve the ROI required to remain competitive in a cutthroat industry.
GOOGLE CLOUD PLATFORM SOLUTIONS
Analytics and Machine Learning
Make big data work for you with seriously powerful analytics and machine learning tools from Google Cloud.
BigQuery – A fully managed, highly scalable data warehouse with built-in ML.
Cloud Dataflow – Real-time batch and stream data processing.
Cloud Dataproc – Managed Spark and Hadoop service.
Cloud Datalab – Explore, analyze, and visualize large datasets.
Cloud Dataprep – Cloud data service to explore, clean, and prepare data for analysis.
Cloud Pub/Sub – Ingest event streams from anywhere, at any scale.
Cloud Composer – A fully managed workflow orchestration service built on Apache Airflow.
Genomics – Power your science with Google Genomics.
Google Analytics 360 Suite* – Enterprise analytics for better customer experiences.
Google Data Studio* – Tell great data stories to support better business decisions.
Firebase Performance Monitoring – Gain insight into your app’s performance.
AI and Machine Learning
Cloud AutoML BETA – Easily train high-quality, custom ML models.
Cloud TPU – Train and run ML models faster than ever.
Cloud Machine Learning Engine – Build superior models and deploy them into production.
Cloud Talent Solution – Put AI to work on your hiring needs.
Dialogflow Enterprise Edition – Create conversational experiences across devices and platforms.
Cloud Natural Language – Derive insights from unstructured text.
Cloud Speech-to-Text – Speech-to-text conversion powered by ML.
Cloud Text-to-Speech – Text-to-speech conversion powered by ML.
Cloud Translation – Dynamically translate between languages.
Cloud Vision – Derive insight from images powered by ML.
Cloud Video Intelligence – Extract metadata from videos.
Cloud Inference API ALPHA – Quickly run large-scale correlations over typed time-series datasets.
Firebase Predictions BETA – Define dynamic user groups based on predicted behavior.
Cloud Deep Learning VM Image BETA –
Preconfigured VMs for deep learning applications.
GPU-Accelerated Virtual Graphics Workstations: How Multipath Data + Google Cloud-Based VDI Benefit Media & Entertainment Production
By leveraging the high-performance computing capabilities in the cloud and GPU-accelerated virtual graphics workstations, media and entertainment production companies can not only cut costs on expensive on-premises infrastructure, but scale environments up or down on-the-fly to enable a global workforce of artists, architects and engineers. The one thing that has been missing up until now, however, was a seamless way to centrally manage such complex and dispersed environments. Multipath Data has engaged a platform which was purpose-built for deploying and managing core IT infrastructure on Google Cloud.
Why M&E needs to deploy GPU-accelerated virtual workstations on the cloud
To address this market, we’ve added new capabilities to itopia to enable IT administrators to deploy and manage GPU-accelerated virtual graphics workstations on Google Cloud. By leveraging the comprehensive IT management capabilities of itopia CAS and NVIDIA P100 GPU accelerators on GCP, media and entertainment production companies can benefit in several ways.
- Lowering costs — By deploying virtual graphics workstations on Google Cloud, CapEx for an on-premises rendering farm is eliminated, not to mention OpEx on power, HVAC and maintenance costs. Companies can also leverage Google’s per-second pricing and Custom Machine Types (easily configured through the CAS portal) to truly pay only for the resources they use or need. In addition, itopia’s Server Uptime Scheduling feature enables organizations to automatically spin servers up or down based on actual demand to further reduce GCP costs.
- Enabling a global/remote workforce — Because virtual graphics workstations can be securely accessed from anywhere and any device, media and entertainment companies can tap into artistic and engineering talent literally anywhere in the world. itopia enables organizations to deploy and manage the required IT resources to run virtual graphics workstations on Google Cloud’s global network of data centers from a single interface. Through itopia’s hybrid Active Directory extension capabilities, IT pros can easily deploy secure workstations to the GCP data center closest to the end user for the lowest latency and maximum performance. That means your creative and technical professionals can be more productive.
- Creating elasticity — On premises rendering farms have limited capacity. For instance, there are only so many CPUs that can be installed on physical workstations, and only so many workstations that can fit on the production floor. Add to that network, power, HVAC and file system performance limitations. By deploying Google Cloud-based virtual graphics workstations with itopia, media production companies can spin resources up or down on demand, and even create custom VMs to handle jobs of any size. Once the job is complete, companies can simply shut the VM down and get on to the next creative project with new VMs.
- Ensuring security & compliance — The security of intellectual property is a critical concern in the media and entertainment industry. The Multipath Data platform enables us to apply and manage security policies in hybrid environments and across Google Cloud’s global data centers. In addition, Google Cloud provides top-of-the-line security throughout the entire IT stack including: identity management, network security, and threat detection and response. Google Cloud also undergoes regular third-party audits, and is highly compliant with global regulatory standards, including specific requirements from the MPAA.
- Meeting consumer demand — Digital consumers expect a lot more from media and entertainment providers than ever before. Traditional M&E production models were linear in nature, meaning that consumers were content to wait for content to be released whenever companies decided to. In the age of streaming and “binge watching”, not so much. Deploying Google Cloud-based virtual graphics workstations with Multipath Data’s platform capabilities enables companies to produce the high-quality content consumers expect much faster and for less money. This is critical for companies that want to thrive in today’s hypercompetitive market.
While deploying GPU-accelerated virtual graphics workstations on a hyperscale cloud may seem like a no-brainer to tech-savvy media and entertainment companies, making the environments run smoothly can be a huge challenge. That’s why an IT infrastructure management solution is the best bet when it comes to managing such environments. The Multipath Data platform enables organizations to easily leverage the economies of scale the cloud offers for the lowest cost possible. In addition, the platform’s deep integration with Google Cloud gives administrators complete control over their GCP environment through a single interface. More importantly, perhaps, the platform + Google Cloud + NVIDIA enables media and entertainment companies to produce the high quality digital content consumers demand quickly and inexpensively.
MANAGED DESKTOP & SECURITY
Empower your employees with a flexible, digital workspace